Who looks outside dreams … Who looks inside wakes
... MEDITATION: the only trampoline
Meditation is widely acknowledged to be the single most useful technique for combating the underlying stress and tension which is at the heart of so many illnesses. But it is so much more than that...
It allows us access to the deepest part of ourselves, enabling us to attain a state of profound inner peace, personal power and self-worth. It is the gateway to the soul.
More research has been carried out into the efficacy of meditation that any other complementary therapy, and it has consistently been found to reduce stress, improve overall levels of health and generally increase feelings of wellbeing and inner harmony. Indeed, many physicians now consider meditation to be a key element of an integrated health programme.
-You develop peace of mind, self-respect and happiness
-Your mind becomes clearer and more focused
-Your memory and concentration improve
-You are able to face life's challenges with equanimity
-You can realise your potential
-You have greater control of your thoughts
-You are able to make decisions more easily
-Your quality of sleep improves
And here are some rules for...
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time round.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, and experimentation. The 'failed' experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately 'works'.
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. There often seems better than here. When your there has become a here you will simply obtain another there that will, again, look better than here.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10. You will forget all of this.
Or perhaps not?
Let's meditate upon No. 10...